- Lake Michigan Beach
- On the beautiful shores of Lake Michigan. Dunes, beach grass, sand, water, and whatever else we might come across! Stearns, Buttersville, “First Curves”, State Park Lake MI access, 1st Street or 5th Avenue in Manistee, Mears State Park in Pentwater, Silver Lake Sand Dunes, etc. Beach sessions are held either early morning or in the evening. Buttersville beach welcomes pets!
- Ludington State Park
- Many locations to choose from, including the river, bridge, wooded areas, Hamlin Lake, Skyline Trail, dunes and beach area. (Woods and beach are two separate locations.)
- “Urban/Industrial” setting/Downtown Ludington, Scottville, Manistee, or Pentwater
- Brick walls, wooden door frames, interesting textures, etc. We meet in downtown Ludington or Scottville or Manistee ($25 travel fee for Manistee) and walk around, finding interesting backdrops to use.
- West Shore Ice Arena
- For hockey or ice skating photos. Pending availability; client is responsible for contacting arena for permission.
- LHS or MCC Football Field, Baseball Diamond, or Track
- Great location for athletes; client must obtain permission for use.
- Conrad Rd. observation tower & Sutton’s Landing
- Included as one location. Wooden lookout tower overlooks Pere Marquette river and a beautiful green field. Sutton’s Landing has a small dock and beautiful landscape along the wooden walkway.
- Traditional portraiture; various poses/backgrounds. Headshots and ¾ length shots. Must be done in Client's home.
- Pending availability. Ludington or Hart. Client is responsible for their own entrance fees.
- "Photographer's Choice"!
- My favorite location of them all, ha ha! Really, though - as I go about my daily business in Ludington and otherwise, I am constantly passing unique locations that I'd love to recommend. Put your trust in me and let me find a spot perfect for you!
- Cartier Park
- Beautiful wooded paths, birch trees, docks that lead into the Lincoln River, gazebo. Dogs are welcome here.
- Mason County Campground Picnic/Disc Golf Area
- Beautiful wooded paths; rolling hills. Gorgeous in the Fall!
- Consumer’s Energy – Pump Storage Public Viewing Area
- Catwalk that crosses Lakeshore Drive and ends up at a scenic overlook, with Lake Michigan in the background. There is chain link fencing and greenery surrounding the area. This area also contains my favorite weeping willow tree. An absolutely unique and very cool location that I rarely get the opportunity to use! An additional, seasonal area may be available for use also.
- Scottville Riverside Park
- River, various trees, gazebo, etc.
- Ludington's Waterfront Park
- Playground, lake, gazebo, Badger if docked or leaving port
- Other Parks or playgrounds
- Copeyan Park (on the water), school playgrounds (Foster, Lakeview, Franklin, Ludington Area Catholic)
- Peter Pan Land
- Area known among locals. Available for early morning sessions only. Colorfully painted rocks and trees and a breathtaking view of Lake Michigan from the bluffs.
- “Custom” Location
- The locations above are merely suggestions and I highly encourage my clients to introduce me to new locations that represent who they are best. I have captured beautiful portraits on a personal property in Branch, on a dairy farm, in a bass fishing boat, in a snow-covered field, cherry orchard, and more. Don’t dismiss a potential location because it might not be ‘pretty enough’ – you would be surprised at how I can work my photographic magic! Call me – let’s talk about your custom location! Tell me what you’ve got in mind, and I’ll try to find it… I love a challenge!
Applicable Travel Fees:
$25 – Manistee, Hart, Montague, Mears, Silver Lake, Shelby, Whitehall, Branch, Walhalla, Baldwin
$35 – Onekama, Bear Lake
$50 – Benzie, Frankfort, Muskegon
$75 – Traverse City, Grand Rapids
Inquire for locations not listed.